Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download multiple voice memos as mp4 files

From my iPhone, I want to download a lot of Voice memo files as MP4 to my Macbook or any other device. My iPhone Voice Memos lets me share only one file at a time (Airdrop, mail). I've found and heard this solution a few dozen times now, and it's not what I'm looking for, so please don't tell me this again. How can manipulate these files like any other decent app that separates data from processing, like it ought to do, would allow me to do?

My IOs's are all up to date, I don't use iTunes anymore, so using this also isn't an option, Finder won't let me find a separate set of data consisting of the files generated by the Voice Memos app.

I already have these files in the cloud, where I can open them and hear them, thank you. I lost all information about their creation (name, date & time of creation) in the process of transferring these files to the cloud, by the way. I don't want any more loss of information, e.g. by deleting one or more of these files while processing them on one of my devices. I just want ownership of these files, which should be a simple matter of transferring them as mp4 files to a separate map as mp4, where I could manipulate them, f.i. renaming them with Finder. Has anyone a clue?

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 12:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 12:56 AM

tedvangaalen Said:

"download multiple voice memos as mp4 files: From my iPhone, I want to download a lot of Voice memo files as MP4 to my Macbook or any other device. My iPhone Voice Memos lets me share only one file at a time (Airdrop, mail).[...]I just want ownership of these files, which should be a simple matter of transferring them as mp4 files to a separate map as mp4, where I could manipulate them, f.i. renaming them with Finder. Has anyone a clue?"

-------

Contact your Carrier:

You Carrier as may have a service available for you. I am wondering if being able to access your messages on their site would be an option for you.

Modify the Extension:

Change the extension of a duplicate to MP4. Here is how to do to...

1. Right-Click: on the icon
  2. Select: Duplicate
  3. Right-Click: on the duplicate
  4. Modify: the extension to mp4

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 12:56 AM in response to tedvangaalen

tedvangaalen Said:

"download multiple voice memos as mp4 files: From my iPhone, I want to download a lot of Voice memo files as MP4 to my Macbook or any other device. My iPhone Voice Memos lets me share only one file at a time (Airdrop, mail).[...]I just want ownership of these files, which should be a simple matter of transferring them as mp4 files to a separate map as mp4, where I could manipulate them, f.i. renaming them with Finder. Has anyone a clue?"

-------

Contact your Carrier:

You Carrier as may have a service available for you. I am wondering if being able to access your messages on their site would be an option for you.

Modify the Extension:

Change the extension of a duplicate to MP4. Here is how to do to...

1. Right-Click: on the icon
  2. Select: Duplicate
  3. Right-Click: on the duplicate
  4. Modify: the extension to mp4

Apr 12, 2021 7:51 AM in response to tedvangaalen

tedvangaalen Said:

"I' ve asked Apple support several times now, I have seen many questions about my problem, but not 1 answer. How can I download MUTIPLE Voice Mail files, or organize them in a map, and access them outside of the Voice Memos app? Isn't there a Capture app for Voice Memos?"

-------

Saving as MP3:

Use MS Outlook? If so, you could probably back them up through that - you'd synchronize it and would save it as a wav file (or maybe MP3)

download multiple voice memos as mp4 files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.