Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't play music in Apple Music.

When I try to play music in the Apple Music app, nothing happens. The button just lights up, but the song doesn't play.

The device I'm having this issue on is my Google Pixel 3a. I have tried force closing the app and reopening it. I have also tried restarting my phone, but neither worked.

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 7:38 AM

Hi Skwidy11,

We see you're having some issues using Apple Music on your Android device, and we'd be happy to help out.

You've tried some good steps already. Be sure that you're using the latest Apple Music version, as well as the latest update for Android that your device supports. Next, try clearing the app's cache. To do that, go to the Home Screen and tap Apps, and select Settings. Head down to Apps and select it here. Select Apple Music > Storage > Clear Cache. Then, head back to the Home Screen or application list, and relaunch Apple Music.

If it still persists try signing out of Apple Music, and then sign back in. To do this, launch the Apple Music app first. Near the bottom select one of the tabs: Library/Listen Now/Browse/Radio. Then, select the three dots button > Account Settings > Sign Out (at the bottom).

To sign back in, select the same three dots button > Settings > Sign In.

Please note that signing out does cause any music saved for offline use to no longer be downloaded to the device.

If you need further help after that, try reaching out directly to Apple Support for further investigation: Get Support

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 7:38 AM in response to Skwidy11

Hi Skwidy11,

We see you're having some issues using Apple Music on your Android device, and we'd be happy to help out.

You've tried some good steps already. Be sure that you're using the latest Apple Music version, as well as the latest update for Android that your device supports. Next, try clearing the app's cache. To do that, go to the Home Screen and tap Apps, and select Settings. Head down to Apps and select it here. Select Apple Music > Storage > Clear Cache. Then, head back to the Home Screen or application list, and relaunch Apple Music.

If it still persists try signing out of Apple Music, and then sign back in. To do this, launch the Apple Music app first. Near the bottom select one of the tabs: Library/Listen Now/Browse/Radio. Then, select the three dots button > Account Settings > Sign Out (at the bottom).

To sign back in, select the same three dots button > Settings > Sign In.

Please note that signing out does cause any music saved for offline use to no longer be downloaded to the device.

If you need further help after that, try reaching out directly to Apple Support for further investigation: Get Support

Cheers.

Can't play music in Apple Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.