Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messaging and phone calling no longer works on Apple CarPlay

Today the message and phone calling function stopped working on my Apple CarPlay in my Subaru. it worked just fine yesterday. I have changed no setting on my phone or in my car. Any ideas how to fix this problem. I have gone to the CarPlay setting on the phone and everything looks the same. I use the USB port, not the bluetooth function.

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 2:48 AM

If CarPlay isn't activated automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display. ... Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car and then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 2:48 AM in response to DMAC-S1

If CarPlay isn't activated automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display. ... Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car and then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay – Apple Support

Messaging and phone calling no longer works on Apple CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.