Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken AppStore

Hello all,

Since yesterday, I'm unable to update apps from AppStore.

Update tab shows a weird UI, completely non-functional.

I've tried to flush the different AppStore caches and temp folders. Sign in and sign out of iCloud, AppStore.

It was working fine last time I had to use it, maybe one week ago.

Am I alone?

Thanks,

Patrice

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 6:16 AM

6 replies

Apr 11, 2021 7:01 AM in response to patrice289

Forgot: booted a Carbon Copy Cloner backup with the same result.

Safe Mode, no change.

I’ve replaced AppStore app from a TM backup, same.

The only thing I didn’t tried is restoring a TM backup but something tells me that it won’t be the cure. It’s not the first time I encounter weird behavior from AppStore but so far, it was only on my Mojave computers... First time on Sierra.

There were absolutely no changes (updates, etc...) since the last time that it worked.

Apr 18, 2021 2:02 PM in response to patrice289

I had the same problem on MacBook Pro 13" macOS 10.13. I fixed it by upgrading my macOS. I was able to upgrade to the latest OS, Big Sur, and you probably can too. I found this article helpful for figuring out what's the latest OS you can upgrade to: https://www.uvm.edu/it/kb/article/outdated-macos-and-how-to-upgrade/

You can upgrade without using the Update tab. Instead, find the OS you want to upgrade to directly in the App Store (online or in the app).

Broken AppStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.