Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages App not working on MacBook Pro

I am unable to use the Messages app on my MacBook Pro. The app is crashing whenever I open it using my Apple ID and Password.

MacBook Pro 13″, 11.2

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 12:26 PM

Morethings you can try.

Have you restarted the computer? Tried logging out of your user account and back in?

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues.

Isolating an issue by using another user account   

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

https://etrecheck.com

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 12:26 PM in response to podipara

Morethings you can try.

Have you restarted the computer? Tried logging out of your user account and back in?

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues.

Isolating an issue by using another user account   

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

https://etrecheck.com

Apr 11, 2021 11:03 AM in response to podipara

podipara Said:

"Messages App not working on MacBook Pro: I am unable to use the Messages app on my MacBook Pro. The app is crashing whenever I open it using my Apple ID and Password."

-------

Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: command + R keys upon boot]. In Safe Mode, login items do not run, certain preferences do not run, and corrupted apps are fixed (Messages, in this case). So, boot into it, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally. Try this once more.

Messages App not working on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.