Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K - TV speakers vs Home Stereo

For over a year my 5th gen, Apple 4K has worked flawlessly with my home stereo and TV. My stereo receiver is new enough that my Apple TV remote will turn up my home stereo sound and not my TV speakers (since I have disabled my TV speakers). So my current plug in setup is Apple TV - HDMI into home stereo in the “media box” input - Home stereo via HDMI plugged into my TV. This has allowed me to turn all my devices on using the menu button on the Apple TV remote and turn all devices off with the sleep function.

Today, 4/12/2021, my TV has started to display a message stating “TV speakers are disabled. To turn speakers on...” etc etc whenever the volume on the Apple TV remote is used. Previously my setup worked automatically and it only turned the stereo volume up, now it seems the signal to turn the volume up is not only turning the volume up on the stereo but the signal to turn the volume up is going to the TV too, which is very annoying as the prompt about the TV speakers being off takes up half the screen.

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 3:19 PM

See if the Volume Control settings on Apple TV are still as intended. Set it to Receiver via IR, or Auto via HDMI (if your receiver supports volume control through HDMI-CEC).

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple TV 4K - TV speakers vs Home Stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.