Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mail From field not updating

Hello,

I went to Accounts and in Details I updated the Name field. However, when I compose a new email, in the compose new email window the field "From" (where you can select from which email you want to send it) continues to annoyingly show (and use) the old information.

I closed and reopened the Mail app, no change there.

How can I refresh this "From" field so that it shows correctly the updated information for that particular account?

Thanks!

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:38 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 16, 2021 1:23 PM in response to senortz

Hello senortz and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with the account name field in the Mail app on your Mac.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

If changes are not holding, it would indicate a probable disconnect on the server side. (Note that the details field is only available on certain non-Apple/iCloud email addresses.) In cases like this, if the account is IMAP, the best step is usually to remove the account, reboot and then re-add it. Note that it's important to ensure the account is IMAP and not POP before taking this step to ensure against data loss.

Cheers.

Apple mail From field not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.