Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Night Mode in Portrait Mode with 2x lens

Hi,

Is night mode/long exposure available with 2x zoom in portrait mode on iPhone 12 Pro? The option is grayed out even though it shows that night mode would be applicable.

1x zoom funktions correctly. It is possible to change the shutter speed settings and so on.

The standard Photo Mode has night mode for both 1x and 2x lenses.

With kind regards

Kris

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 8:29 AM

Hello gren2del,

It sounds like you have some questions about Night Mode on the iPhone 12 Pro. We will be happy to help.

We tested this on our devices, and see the same thing. It appears as if the feature is only available in the 1X setting.

The following article has some information on Night Mode and it's usage: Use Night mode on your iPhone

You may also leave feedback or suggest a feature by using this link: Product Feedback

We hope this helps. Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2021 8:29 AM in response to gren2del

Hello gren2del,

It sounds like you have some questions about Night Mode on the iPhone 12 Pro. We will be happy to help.

We tested this on our devices, and see the same thing. It appears as if the feature is only available in the 1X setting.

The following article has some information on Night Mode and it's usage: Use Night mode on your iPhone

You may also leave feedback or suggest a feature by using this link: Product Feedback

We hope this helps. Cheers!

Apr 17, 2021 9:04 AM in response to chris_g1

Hi chris_g1,

Thank you for your answer. At least it is not a bug, it is a feature. A weird one, may I add.

I have seen the mentioned article, however it does nit state that night mode is not available on x2 lens in portrait mode. Which is a pitty, as it usually defaults to x2 lens in portrait mode. At least in my case.

Cheers

Night Mode in Portrait Mode with 2x lens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.