Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone keeps deleting my contacts and my notes and I backed everything up but I can’t get it off my iCloud and back into my contacts any suggestions?

My iPhone keeps deleting my Contacts and Notes that I have saved and I have them backed up on iCloud but I don’t know how to get them back onto my current contacts list or my current notes any suggestions?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 12:55 PM

Hello Murphythree,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are looking for some information on restoring Contacts and Notes back to your iPhone from iCloud. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, do you know if you are syncing your Notes and Contacts in iCloud on your iPhone? If so, your iPhone would automatically be kept updated by the information stored in iCloud. You can check this by going to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and check to see if the switch next to Contacts and Notes are enabled there.

If they seem to be being removed automatically, we would want to check to see if your device has enough storage space available. Check to see your storage availability by going to Settings > General > iPhone Storage to see how much free space you have.

You can restore your iPhone from a previous backup from iCloud if a backup is available by following the steps listed in the article below:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Keep us updated on how it goes or if you have any questions!

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2021 12:55 PM in response to Murphythree

Hello Murphythree,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are looking for some information on restoring Contacts and Notes back to your iPhone from iCloud. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, do you know if you are syncing your Notes and Contacts in iCloud on your iPhone? If so, your iPhone would automatically be kept updated by the information stored in iCloud. You can check this by going to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and check to see if the switch next to Contacts and Notes are enabled there.

If they seem to be being removed automatically, we would want to check to see if your device has enough storage space available. Check to see your storage availability by going to Settings > General > iPhone Storage to see how much free space you have.

You can restore your iPhone from a previous backup from iCloud if a backup is available by following the steps listed in the article below:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Keep us updated on how it goes or if you have any questions!

Best Regards.

My iPhone keeps deleting my contacts and my notes and I backed everything up but I can’t get it off my iCloud and back into my contacts any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.