You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with transparency

This is driving me nuts. Basically I can see trough different windows on my iMac. Even when I log out of my user, I see chrome in the background on the welcome screen where you enter your password. I'm uploading pictures as I can't take screenshots before login in.

I've already tick the "reduce transparency" option in Accessibility under System Preferences but that doesn't solve the problem. Even when I minimise Chrome, I still see its "mark" on the desktop image. I've done screenshots to show, and guess what? The transparency doesn't appear. And that is why I'm literally recording the screen with my phone (see Youtube link at the bottom).

I was using El Capitan and have now upgraded to Big Sur, I really thought the issue would be gone but it isn't.

I even tried doing a screen recording with Quicktime, but they don't appear on the video! I literally don't know what else to do. Please help! :(

https://youtu.be/QSXBYnP8mac

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 3:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 3:55 PM

What is the year and model of your iMac?

Are these ghost images always the same?

It looks to me like it could be Burn In, also called persistence.

Is there anything helpful in this support document?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202580

MtD

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 19, 2021 4:31 PM in response to Jahneva

Problem with transparency Said:

"Problem with transparency: This is driving me nuts. Basically I can see trough different windows on my iMac. Even when I log out of my user, I see chrome in the background on the welcome screen where you enter your password. I'm uploading pictures as I can't take screenshots before login in. [...]I've done screenshots to show, and guess what? The transparency doesn't appear[...]."

-------

Ghost Images:

Ask on Google Forums:

Not appearing with screenshots would show that is it is not the macOS being misconfigured. The issue is presumedly the application. So, ask this on Google's forums, seeing if you get the answer you need: Google Chrome Help - Google

Problem with transparency

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.