Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Names are autocorrected to capitol letters

My iphone autocorrects names, cities and places to capitol letters, which is extremely annoying. I’ve seen that other users have the same problem but no solution or explanation why.

kind regards

Anette

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 11:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 5:23 PM

Hello AnetteSP,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. It sounds as though you're having an issue with the auto-correction feature on your iPhone. To start, what model iPhone and iOS version are you experiencing this issue on? Is your iPhone updated to the latest iOS release, 14.4.2?

Have you tried adjusting settings for auto-correction? One that may help is to disable Auto-Capitalization which is found in Settings > General > Keyboard. You could also try disabling predictive text as well, just to see if the phone has learned this as a preferred method of displaying some of those names and cities.

How to use Auto-Correction and predictive text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the actions above don't correct the issue, you may also want to try resetting your keyboard dictionary. You can find this in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary.

Hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 5:23 PM in response to AnetteSP

Hello AnetteSP,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. It sounds as though you're having an issue with the auto-correction feature on your iPhone. To start, what model iPhone and iOS version are you experiencing this issue on? Is your iPhone updated to the latest iOS release, 14.4.2?

Have you tried adjusting settings for auto-correction? One that may help is to disable Auto-Capitalization which is found in Settings > General > Keyboard. You could also try disabling predictive text as well, just to see if the phone has learned this as a preferred method of displaying some of those names and cities.

How to use Auto-Correction and predictive text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the actions above don't correct the issue, you may also want to try resetting your keyboard dictionary. You can find this in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary.

Hope this helps.

Apr 21, 2021 9:59 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks - but the thing is that the region and language is Denmark, where we don’t use capitol letters on proper nouns except from the first letter. Not the entire word. I have disabled the auto-capitolization, which helps, but then I don’t get the help with capitolizing the first letter in the words as intended. 😊 I guess that I need to try to reset the keyboard dictionary. Kind regards Anette

Names are autocorrected to capitol letters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.