Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, does anyone know if new iMacs M1 will support Target Display Mode?

I'm very interested in buying a new iMac M1, but I need to use it both for home and for work: for work, I need to use it as a monitor for a windows-based company laptop. Will it be possible?

Thanks for any answer.

Best wishes.

Amedeo

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 4:52 AM

10 replies

Apr 24, 2021 4:45 AM in response to Apple Tekkie

Yes I agree, I am in the same situation and I guess I will make the same decision. In the case, I wonder if LG UltraFine could be the right option, or maybe better to wait for a new release from LG or other providers: for me, it is important that the monitor I choose is suggested by Apple itself (actually, LG UltraFine is no longer on Apple Store, at least here in Italy....)

Apr 25, 2021 2:04 AM in response to AmedeoSementa

Same here - lots of corporate laptops are locked down. I love the design of the iMac and expect the 27” iMac will be even more impressive so it would be ideal if it could work as a display to a Windows laptop.

Maybe a Mac Mini or MacBook Pro plus LG monitor is the way to go. I’ve found sharing a keyboard and mouse to be problematic too though.

I’ve never got an Apple mouse working with Windows and the different keyboard layouts always catch me out. I’d love to have a solution that let me switch easily between a Windows laptop and Mac desktop where the mouse and keyboard just worked. Please let me know if any of you have any suggestions.

Hello, does anyone know if new iMacs M1 will support Target Display Mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.