Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Login activity location on Instagram

Hello.

I was using the Instagram and suddenly my account was locked and deactivated.

So I changed my password and then I was able to login to my account.

The reason is that my login activity location is wrong!

You know it shows I’m with my Apple iPhone are in the another city with to much distance from my real location. (But my iPad shows that I'm in the real location. Only this iPhone!)

I wonder if ‘This Apple iPhone’ in login activity section of Instagram shows the device I'm using right now, whether this is a GPS error or if someone hacked into my account. 

Please help me,

How can i fix it to show my real location?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 9:39 AM

Hi Phoebe0h,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are experiencing an issue with Instagram showing the incorrect location. We're happy to provide some information to help.

To start, make sure your region is set correctly on your device. You can see how to check that, and if necessary make changes here: Change your Apple ID country or region

If your region is already set correctly, and you're only seeing the incorrect location when using Instagram, you'll want to connect with their support at this point.

Thanks

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2021 9:39 AM in response to phoebeOh

Hi Phoebe0h,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are experiencing an issue with Instagram showing the incorrect location. We're happy to provide some information to help.

To start, make sure your region is set correctly on your device. You can see how to check that, and if necessary make changes here: Change your Apple ID country or region

If your region is already set correctly, and you're only seeing the incorrect location when using Instagram, you'll want to connect with their support at this point.

Thanks

Wrong Login activity location on Instagram

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.