Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to replace the ssd in my 2015 macbook pro 13" model. After formating the drive several different times: it only shows up as a 2gb drive when placed internally.

How can I get the computer to recognize the 1tb size?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 6:18 PM

What is the make & model of the SSD? What internal adapter are you using? If the SSD shows properly when connected externally, but has issues when installed internally, then most likely the SSD adapter is the problem. The only adapter I see users recommend that work reliably are from Sintech.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2021 6:18 PM in response to John 2006x

What is the make & model of the SSD? What internal adapter are you using? If the SSD shows properly when connected externally, but has issues when installed internally, then most likely the SSD adapter is the problem. The only adapter I see users recommend that work reliably are from Sintech.

I am trying to replace the ssd in my 2015 macbook pro 13" model. After formating the drive several different times: it only shows up as a 2gb drive when placed internally.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.