Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix, tvOS and frame rate 🙃

What’s up with frame-rate on Netflix constantly playing catch-up on Apple TV? Every update it NEVER improves and the latest to my A1842 running TvOS 14.5 (18L204) is still funky. Video is crisp but it does this thing where it slows down and then kicks back to normal speed. It’s very, very subtle and only happens on Netflix. My parent’s and neighbor’s does it too and we all have the same units (all 4K TVs). It will speed up for a split second and then jumps back to normal frame rate I’ve calculated at about every 1-3 seconds of play time. Once you see it, you can’t unsee it so sorry in advance to those who haven’t noticed and now do.

Netflix is the only service it happens with too. All other playback from other services is excellent.

Is it cache? Is it memory? Is it software? Is it Netflix? I’ve seen several threads regarding this issue and a representative from Apple has yet to specifically address it unless I missed the question somewhere. Thoughts?

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 4:26 PM

There are a few situations that might cause this.

The video may have been recorded at an obscure frame rate or a variable rate or alternatively, it may have been recorded in a country or region that uses a different standard (50/60 Hz)

2 replies

Netflix, tvOS and frame rate 🙃

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.