Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook sync problem on iPhone 11

I cannot download new emails on my Outlook (I have 7 email accounts in use) when on my Wifi at home. I have no problem with any other app and the internet, with the exception of Google, it doesn't think I'm on the internet. I can get the emails with other apps individually, but not on the exchange app. If I shut down Wifi on the phone everything works fine off my carrier's (Verizon) feed. My iPad works fine without any problems at all using the Wifi and so does my Mac. it appears the problem lies with the outlook app somehow and possibly with Google/Gmail which is one of my emails, but the other don't load either on the outlook app. I shut down the phone once and restarted and the exchange app worked ONCE. Then the problem came back. (I also rebooted the router as well and that didn't help). This app has been working fine for years. Any thoughts?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 2:39 PM

In case anyone is interested, here's how I fixed the problem. For whatever reason the VPN was not allowing my "mail" app and the Google.app to access the internet. All other apps had no problems. All I did was turned it off and turned it back on and everything is fine, mail and google are not working aok......go figure.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2021 2:39 PM in response to TheLittles

In case anyone is interested, here's how I fixed the problem. For whatever reason the VPN was not allowing my "mail" app and the Google.app to access the internet. All other apps had no problems. All I did was turned it off and turned it back on and everything is fine, mail and google are not working aok......go figure.

Apr 27, 2021 5:15 PM in response to custommilt

custommilt Said:

"Outlook sync problem on iPhone 11: [...]it appears the problem lies with the outlook app somehow and possibly with Google/Gmail which is one of my emails, but the other don't load either on the outlook app.[...]"

-------

Try an App Password:

You may need to use a new app password. If you were already using one, then it may have expired (something that typically happens after installations and updates). So, contact your eMail provider to find out how to get an App Password.

For Example:

As an example, for AOL Mail, Go Here: Create and Manage Third-Party App Passwords - AOL Help

Apr 27, 2021 5:53 PM in response to custommilt

custommilt Said:

"Outlook sync problem on iPhone 11: That's a good thought but I'm using 7 different email providers on that app. That would require all of them to fail at the same time - not likely and there's no master password for the Outlook app.. And I wouldn't be able to get the new email, when I turn off the wifi, and I do. So that's not the issue, but thanks!"

-------

You are welcome.

For Note:

No - just the eMail account itself would not sync. And no, there is no master password for Outlook. Use an App Password for all accounts.

Outlook sync problem on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.