Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay 2 mesh network

I recently tried to upgrade my wifi to netgear nighthawk mesh network and encountered all types of issues. Airplay 2 was worthless. If I was able to connect to speakers one day, it wouldn't work another. I use my iPhone as a remote for the Apple TV, and once and a while the two could communicate, and then it would stop working.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 2:36 PM

Hey there, quirozson!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. We understand you have upgraded your home network to a mesh network, and since doing so have been having issues with AirPlay 2. We're happy to look into this with you!

AirPlay 2 requires all devices be on the same network. While a mesh network technically is the same network, with multiple access points it may cause the AirPlay 2 feature to sometimes act unexpectedly. We recommend seeing if AirPlay 2 works without issue on a non-meshed network to help determine if that is the case.

We would also suggest reviewing the tips provided in the Apple Support article Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support to find out what Apple considers optimal network conditions.

If you need more help, don't hesitate to respond back.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2021 2:36 PM in response to quirozson

Hey there, quirozson!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. We understand you have upgraded your home network to a mesh network, and since doing so have been having issues with AirPlay 2. We're happy to look into this with you!

AirPlay 2 requires all devices be on the same network. While a mesh network technically is the same network, with multiple access points it may cause the AirPlay 2 feature to sometimes act unexpectedly. We recommend seeing if AirPlay 2 works without issue on a non-meshed network to help determine if that is the case.

We would also suggest reviewing the tips provided in the Apple Support article Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support to find out what Apple considers optimal network conditions.

If you need more help, don't hesitate to respond back.

Cheers!

airplay 2 mesh network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.