Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Earning fit points on the WW app

Hi,

I connect my watch to my WW app, it records my daily steps and awards me fit points. When I set and do an ‘outdoor activity’, say a walk for 40 mins. That also appears on my WW app separately and awards me points for that as well, so I think it’s giving me double points for that 40mins of walking, when I should be only getting one lot of points from the activity.

Is there any way of stopping the daily step count for the duration of the exercise?

Thankyou for any help,

Judith

Posted on May 1, 2021 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 8:48 AM

Hi Jmay11,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you'd like to disable the step count feature in the Activity app, so we'd like to share some information with you. There isn't an option to disable just the step count. You can turn off Fitness Tracking, but this will also disable calories burned, and fitness level along with your step count. If you'd like to turn off Fitness Tracking, that can be done by going to the Watch app on your iPhone. Then go to: My Watch (tab) > Privacy > Motion & Fitness > disable Fitness Tracking.

Also, make sure you’re syncing your Apple Watch with the Weight Watcher’s app using their instructions: How to sync your fitness device to automatically track activity on the WW app | WW USA

If it’s still doubling steps, we recommend contacting the App Developer as outlined here: How to contact an app developer

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 8:48 AM in response to Jmay11

Hi Jmay11,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you'd like to disable the step count feature in the Activity app, so we'd like to share some information with you. There isn't an option to disable just the step count. You can turn off Fitness Tracking, but this will also disable calories burned, and fitness level along with your step count. If you'd like to turn off Fitness Tracking, that can be done by going to the Watch app on your iPhone. Then go to: My Watch (tab) > Privacy > Motion & Fitness > disable Fitness Tracking.

Also, make sure you’re syncing your Apple Watch with the Weight Watcher’s app using their instructions: How to sync your fitness device to automatically track activity on the WW app | WW USA

If it’s still doubling steps, we recommend contacting the App Developer as outlined here: How to contact an app developer

Take care.

Earning fit points on the WW app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.