Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Not Working after iOS 14.5 Update

After updating to ios 14.5, my Apple Music can only play the few songs that are physically on my phone. Is anyone else having that problem?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on May 1, 2021 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 8:45 AM

I am having the same issue. iPhone 11pro, iOS 14.5.1 and Apple Music will not play songs that are not stored on the phone. I either get “cannot connect”, or it plays a preview of the song (like an I purchased song in iTunes).

Please fix this Apple!

49 replies

May 2, 2021 8:50 AM in response to Panther_28

Hello Panther_28,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, after updating your phone, Apple Music can only play the songs that are physically on your device. We're happy to help!

Have you tried restarting your phone since you noticed this issue with Apple Music?

Restart your iPhone

Let's ensure that Sync Library is turned on.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Let's also check to ensure that no restrictions were enabled.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Jun 8, 2021 5:25 PM in response to martyn1968

I am having the same issues... Since the last updates (14.6 and 11.4) I have had a mountain of issues with my music library, last played updates via the HomePod and now syncing my phone with my library... I thought I would reset my library on my phone by signing out of the Apple Music and signing back in... now my songs won't sync... Im growing tired of all these issues..

Jun 16, 2021 2:46 AM in response to ricardo.lardizabal

Yes, I got the same problem, after upgraded to iOS 14.6, my Apple Music on iPhone 11 just can't play. It can load the library, I can browse all the music, but just won't play. I tried reboot, quit my Apple ID then re-login, all useless. I finally reset the iPhone, now the Apple Music can play, but seems some of the tracks can only play for 15 secs, guess there're some problem in subscription management. Anyway, there definitely are some problem with iOS 14.6, may need to wait for the 14.6.1 to fix.

Jun 26, 2021 11:50 AM in response to Beast515

Me too. Songs will stop after 15 seconds then won’t resume. Been going on for about 2 weeks. Now the app will crash a lot randomly and it always loses my place in shuffle. I tried adding new songs to a playlist and it won’t add all of them. Others only add after I do it twice then I delete the extra and it removes both songs from the playlist and isn’t downloaded anymore.

Jun 28, 2021 1:11 AM in response to toni_andretti

I am using 14.6 and music stopped working when not connected to WiFi. Initially it was all recent downloads would stop after 15 seconds. Spoke to Apple who told me to log out and log in again. I lost all of my downloads and now nothing plays in the car. Can see it is playing on the phone but doesn’t come through Bluetooth speaker. When I play from downloads out of the car plays 15 seconds and stops!! So annoying.

Jul 9, 2021 8:11 AM in response to Panther_28

i was struggling with the same problem that all of you had, with the music being stuck at 15 seconds. it seems it was an up day problem, apple just wasn’t ready for all this lossless and dolby atmos audio. so it seems like you have to go into your music settings and change the way you stream your music and turn your dolby atmos audio all the way you off. that’s the only way

Apple Music Not Working after iOS 14.5 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.