Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit cameras won't enable Stream and Record

Hi. I have 4 cameras in my Homekit setup. 2 eufy, and 2 Aqara. I have recently added the 2nd. Aqara camera, and wanted to enable Stream and record when away. When trying to do so, I just get the "thinking" logo, and it ends up in a "setup error".

I then tried removing one of my cameras that have been working a long time, and now I have the dine issued with bit a Eufy and a Aqara camera.

I use a Apple TV 4K as a hub.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Apple tv, phones etc are all updated to the latest iOS 14.5

Posted on May 1, 2021 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 11:33 AM

I’m having the exact same problem. I had 2 Logitech Circle cameras that were working and set to Stream and Record. I recently bought 2 Netatmo Outdoor cameras and after adding them it wouldn’t let me enable Record. I tried changing the Logitech to see if it was an issue just with the new cameras and it isn’t. Now my Logitech are set to Stream only and I can’t switch them back either.

Obviously something broke recently. I have logged a ticket with Apple Support and they’ve escalated to engineering and got me to send them some logging. I’d kindly ask you do the same and mention this thread. I’m happy to give you my Case number if that helps them. I’ll report back what they find (expecting some response by Tuesday May 11).

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 11:33 AM in response to Lman_dk

I’m having the exact same problem. I had 2 Logitech Circle cameras that were working and set to Stream and Record. I recently bought 2 Netatmo Outdoor cameras and after adding them it wouldn’t let me enable Record. I tried changing the Logitech to see if it was an issue just with the new cameras and it isn’t. Now my Logitech are set to Stream only and I can’t switch them back either.

Obviously something broke recently. I have logged a ticket with Apple Support and they’ve escalated to engineering and got me to send them some logging. I’d kindly ask you do the same and mention this thread. I’m happy to give you my Case number if that helps them. I’ll report back what they find (expecting some response by Tuesday May 11).

May 8, 2021 11:44 AM in response to sweetpete74

To add some clarification on things I’ve tried:

• deleted the new cameras. Old ones still can’t switch
  • rebooted all hubs and cameras
  • deleted and re-added all the cameras

My account has 2TB iCloud storage (required to record up to 5 cameras).

All the other settings (Off, Detect Activity, and Stream) all work. Only Stream and Allow Recording does not work.

May 2, 2021 9:21 AM in response to Lman_dk

Hey Lman_dk,

It sounds like you're having some trouble with adding accessories to HomeKit.

Does the cameras that you're attempting to add require a third-party app to be installed? If so, make sure these do not need to be updated. Also try powering off the Apple TV, iPhone, and cameras then turning them again to see if that helps.

Keep us updated!

May 2, 2021 9:33 AM in response to karina184

Hi. All cameras are added directly in Homekit, and as mentioned, nothing new. Cameras have worked before, just wanted to add one extra. The adding is not an issue, but setting recording to be stream and record when away, is currently not possible.

This has worked without issues before.

When googling the issue, I can see that I am not the first one to encounter this, I just haven't found a solution yet.

Homekit cameras won't enable Stream and Record

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.