Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Circle View Camera not recording on HomeKit

I'm unable to choose Stream & Allow Recording in the Home App. When I select it, I get a the spinning icon, but not the check mark to indicate that it's active. Detect Activity works, Stream work, but not Stream & Allow Recording. It used to work, but yesterday it stopped. I have 2TB iCloud, and am only using about 50GB, so plenty of space, and the latest Apple TV 4K 1st Generation (32GB), running the most current tvOS (14.7) as of today the 31st of August, 2021. My iPhone is also running the most current iOS at 14.7.1.

I've read about people saying that my Apple TV, and cameras both need to be on 2.4GHz WiFi, so I tried that, but that didn't fix the problem. Besides, it has been working since I brought the cameras about 8 months ago, and the Apple TV was on 5GHz, and cameras on 2.4GHz back then as well, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Anyone have a solution for this issue?

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 6:25 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 1, 2021 6:30 AM in response to zeromiler

Hi zeromiler, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

We see that you are having an issue with being able to stream and allow recording with your security cameras. You have been able to select this option in the past, however it is not turning on now. We want to help. Have you tried restarting all your devices and checking again? If not, here's how Restart your iPhone. Here’s How to restart your Apple TV. You may also want to restart your cameras.

Also, to make sure that we are covering everything, you can make sure that your camera app is updated. Here's How to manually update apps on your Apple Device

Reach back out with any questions.

Best Regards!

Sep 1, 2021 5:47 PM in response to barberlives123

Hi BarberLives123,

I've validated that I'm running the most current version of the Apple Home App included with the latest iOS version 14.71. Additionally, I have 2TB iCloud, and am only using about 50GB, so plenty of space, and the latest Apple TV 4K 1st Generation (32GB) HUB, running the most current tvOS (14.7) as of today the 31st of August, 2021.

I have tried logging off iCloud on the Apple TV HUB, logged back in, rebooted. Removed cameras, added cameras, power cycled cameras, reset cameras to factory, and re-added, all to no avail, I'm still unable to enable Stream & Allow Recording in the Apple Home App, even though it was working this last week of August 2021.

Sep 2, 2021 6:08 PM in response to zeromiler

Additional information regarding my inability to enable Stream & Allow Recording in the Apple Home App. I noticed that from the Apple Home App > My Home > Home Settings > People (select myself) >, the Add & Edit Accessories is grey out, also when I click on Cameras, I'm unable to change the Stream Only or Stream & View Recordings, it's greyed out. However the check mark is on Stream & View Recordings.

To try and see if this was a permissions issue that I could clear, I decided to change my iCloud password, which of course required that I log out of all devices (including the home hub (Apple TV), and log back into everything, then add Apple TV back as the home hub. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue.

Sep 7, 2021 5:22 AM in response to zeromiler

Hi zeromiler, 

Thank you for providing that information. You have done quite a lot of troubleshooting thus far. Have you tried setting up these cameras with another device? We ask to see if the issue has to do with the cameras or your device. If the issue happens on another device, you can reach out to the manufacturer of the cameras for further troubleshooting.

Best Regards!

Circle View Camera not recording on HomeKit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.