Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaned iPhone 8 Plus with disinfectant wipe, now vibration from home button is insane

Hello,

I cleaned my 8 plus with a disinfectant wipe and now every time I touch the home button or get a notification, the vibration from the device is wonky and intense. I don't know what I did.

Is there a way to fix this?

I read online that Apple used to not recommend cleaning with disinfectant, but since the pandemic started has changed their view and has now started to recommend it.

Google says that there is a coating on the screen for fingerprint sensory and that using alcohol wipes can potentially cause damage to your device after frequent use, but this is the first time I've done this. I just got the phone and I am very frustrated.

Thanks.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on May 1, 2021 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 9:05 AM

No iphone is totally water proof.

Any water damage is not covered by any warranty except AppleCare+ and is usually not repairable.

Wait and see if it dries, and back up data regularly as when it dies it can come unexpectedly

Similar questions

1 reply

Cleaned iPhone 8 Plus with disinfectant wipe, now vibration from home button is insane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.