Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to verify account name or password when setting up email.

I was unable to send email (but could receive) in my mail account on my Macbook pro. It was suggested that I delete the account and reinstall it. Unfortunately, I didn't save my password. When I try to setting up my account again, I get the error message (in red), "Unable to verify account name or password".

I called my internet provider and they had me change my password. I did. Still doesn't work. I use this email on my phone, and had to change my password on there as well. That is working. Any suggestions on how I can retrieve my password, or bypass that and reinstall with a new password. Been working on this for 3 days. TY in advance.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 2, 2021 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 10:35 AM

Use your email provider's web page to check/change your email password. Check the account access through the web page not through your email client. Once it is working through the web page you can configure your email client with the same credentials.

Similar questions

1 reply

Unable to verify account name or password when setting up email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.