Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 24" - RAM

I've been using the MacBook Pro i7 13inch, 16GB RAM. I waited for the iMac 24" because my Macbook Pro has way too little RAM for the programs I use. I noticed that iMac 24" only has the 8GB and 16GB options. Is there a big difference because of the M1 chip and the normal RAM?

Thanks in advance

Posted on May 2, 2021 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 12:17 PM

Hi kenzy162,

Apple Silicon Macs use unified memory. This is more efficient than normal memory. Here is what Apple says, "The M1 chip brings superfast unified memory to iMac. This single pool of high-bandwidth, low-latency memory allows apps to share data between the CPU, GPU, and Neural Engine efficiently — so everything you do is fast and fluid."

I say it might be worth giving the new iMac a shot. And if doesn't suit your workflow, Apple offers returns: Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple.

Cheers,

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 12:17 PM in response to kenzy162

Hi kenzy162,

Apple Silicon Macs use unified memory. This is more efficient than normal memory. Here is what Apple says, "The M1 chip brings superfast unified memory to iMac. This single pool of high-bandwidth, low-latency memory allows apps to share data between the CPU, GPU, and Neural Engine efficiently — so everything you do is fast and fluid."

I say it might be worth giving the new iMac a shot. And if doesn't suit your workflow, Apple offers returns: Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple.

Cheers,

Jack

iMac 24" - RAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.