Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corel Painter on iPad .. are we there yet?

I read someone ask a question “does corel painter work on ipad?”

The terse answer was “No, ipad is not a desktop..”

first off, so what? The person asked a legitimate question and got a terse non-answer.

2nd, even photoshop is trying to move to iPad.

And now with the new iPad Pro 2021 with M1, incredible display… there is a lot of hope for XCode to come to iPad, I think a workable Photoshop, Final Cut and other serious MAC apps have a huge head start in getting us there. I think we’ll see that happen this year.

I think it’s time for Corel to knock it off and realize that artists don’t just sit in their studios in front of their huge monitors to work. If they don’t, someone like Procreate will fix their engines to start really competing with Corel’s brush engine.. or Adobe will integrate Fresco with Photoshop and make everyone worry .. so many ways that others are nipping at Corel’s heals.

If you don’t want to build a comprehensive artists toolset, how ‘bout you just sell it to Procreate .. or maybe too late for that.

If you come out in July with nothing about iPad, I’m fairly certain that 2021 upgrade will be my last. Very sad.

Posted on May 2, 2021 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 7:38 PM

Hey there!

While many pro apps are becoming available on iPad, not all app developers will move their apps from macOS to iPadOS.

My suggestion would be to contact the Corel Painter app developer directly and see if they have any intentions of moving their application over to iPadOS.

For information on how to contact app developers, see How to contact an app developer – Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 7:38 PM in response to Dunjunbane

Hey there!

While many pro apps are becoming available on iPad, not all app developers will move their apps from macOS to iPadOS.

My suggestion would be to contact the Corel Painter app developer directly and see if they have any intentions of moving their application over to iPadOS.

For information on how to contact app developers, see How to contact an app developer – Apple Support

May 3, 2021 4:30 AM in response to Dunjunbane

I am perdectly fine with all of the current sketching/drawing/painting apps currently available to iPad/iPadOS.

Adobe is late to the the game with a full version of Photoshop and Illustrator and it appears Corel maybe even later to this game.

I have been using other sketching/drawing/painting apps that require NO monthly subs and are just as powerful as anything Adobe has put up for iOS/iPadOS and are probably more feature rich than anything Corel will initially put up for iOS/iPadOS, if they decide to do so, in the future.

You will have to take up your cause with Corel.

You are not addressing ANYONE from Apple here.

This is a predominantly an Apple product user to user technical support community.

Your pleas wil just go unoticed here.

Corel Painter on iPad .. are we there yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.