Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ScriptMonitor.app

I upgraded my work MacBook Pro to Big Sur. Now at startup I get the message The application “ScriptMonitor.app” is not open anymore. I have a couple scripts that I created with Automator that run at startup so that probably explains why this message come up then. But what I don't understand is, why am I getting the message? What does it mean and what do I need to do about it? I've searched for information about it but can't find much.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 5, 2021 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 10:13 AM

ScriptMonitor.app. is how Automator-based scripts are run in the background. It's like a lightweight wrapper around the script and provides additional security elements to the app.

The issue is most likely that the app was written before these security measures were implemented and that the script is now getting blocked.

The solution should be to simply reopen the workflow in Automator and save it as a new script application. This should add the relevant wrapper hooks and re-enable the script.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 10:13 AM in response to Scott Kopp

ScriptMonitor.app. is how Automator-based scripts are run in the background. It's like a lightweight wrapper around the script and provides additional security elements to the app.

The issue is most likely that the app was written before these security measures were implemented and that the script is now getting blocked.

The solution should be to simply reopen the workflow in Automator and save it as a new script application. This should add the relevant wrapper hooks and re-enable the script.

ScriptMonitor.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.