Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12 pro keyboard editing feature

Hi I just upgraded my iPhone 7 to an iPhone 12 pro. the 7 was up to date with the latest software at time of upgrade. The 12 is currently at 14.4.2. There was a very useful feature that I had come to depend on, on the 7. If you are in text mode with a keyboard (message, notes, email, etc) and you press down on the keyboard for a second or so the keyboard would grey out and while continuing to press down you move your finger you will move the cursor sideways or up and down allowing you to make quick editing corrections. the iPhone 12 Pro is not letting me do this. Has this feature been removed or is there a setting I can change?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 6, 2021 6:14 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 10, 2021 11:18 AM in response to jhogg

Thank you for the response sberman. However you should be aware that the answer given was not correct. It turns out that the answer was in the link you gave Type with the onscreen keyboard on iPhone - Apple Support. I tried your answer first and did find that slide to type was off. So I turned it on and it made no difference. I then read the article and in the section "Turn the onscreen keyboard into a trackpad" it indicates to touch and hold the spacebar until it turns light gray (I had been in the habit of touch and holding anywhere on the keyboard which worked before) I tried that and it worked and does not work touching anywhere else on the keyboard. I then went back to the settings and turned off slide to type off and found I was able to continue editing by using the spacebar only..... I believe this issue is resolved....

iphone 12 pro keyboard editing feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.