Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Activation Lock on apple watch

Hello,

I am facing the following problem for which I will need your help if possible.

A few months ago I connected my apple watch to my iphone. For many years now I am using an apple id which is my gmail. For the following months I stopped using my apple watch. For some reason a few days ago I needed to reset my iphone device. So, I did reset my device without unpairing the apple watch. Today that I attempted to pair my apple watch to the iphone I found that the activation lock was enabled (I can't remember if I did it myself or if it was done automatically) and when I tried to insert my gmail apple id it wouldn't accept it as it was expecting an account in icloud form. When I tried to use my icloud email did not recognize it as a valid apple id and now I am not able to access the watch :(

Is there any way to retrieve the access?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Alexia

Posted on May 8, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 9:18 AM

You can request an Online Activation Lock Removal here.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

Otherwise the watch will be of no use to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 9:18 AM in response to AlexiaChatz

You can request an Online Activation Lock Removal here.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

Otherwise the watch will be of no use to you.

Problem with Activation Lock on apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.