Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers chart reference column not updating

I have several tables and charts that I use to track stock market performance using the STOCK and STOCKH functions. Every day or so I add new rows to the table, and the chart updates as expected, but with one issue. The X-axis labels for the new rows don’t update, because the Reference column doesn’t update. If I delete and add a data column the Reference column corrects itself. Has anyone run into this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 9, 2021 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 5:55 PM

Evidently new table rows added to the end of the range don’t get automatically added to the chart, at least not consistently. A work-around may be to add a dummy row to the end of the table and include it in the chart. Now when you add real rows, they should get included in the chart because it’s in the range of the chart…

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2021 5:55 PM in response to CXV78

Evidently new table rows added to the end of the range don’t get automatically added to the chart, at least not consistently. A work-around may be to add a dummy row to the end of the table and include it in the chart. Now when you add real rows, they should get included in the chart because it’s in the range of the chart…

Numbers chart reference column not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.