Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: About AirPrint

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Epson Work force 3540 all in one printer/scanner. My Mac recognizes it to print, but it will not recognize the presence of the scanner. It hasn't worked for a year or more... My PC scans fine using this printer...

How can I get my Mac to recognize my scanner?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 12, 2021 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 8:27 AM

Have you tried to update the drivers? I see that Epson released an updated scanner driver earlier this year: https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-3540/s/SPT_C11CC31201

3 replies

May 15, 2021 2:37 PM in response to Allan Jones

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have installed the most recent drivers to no avail.

I have also updated the firmware, but did it through the Mac not from the printer's control panel. I don't see anything on the printer's control panel that offers ways to update the firmware. If you know how to do that, please give me instructions. I've explored all the control panel's menus and see nothing that would seem to apply. Please help if you can.

I have an Epson Work force 3540 all in one printer/scanner. My Mac recognizes it to print, but it will not recognize the presence of the scanner. It hasn't worked for a year or more... My PC scans fine using this printer...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.