You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

tvOS 18 is now available

Updates elevate cinematic experiences and make it even easier to manage the home. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod keeps disconnecting from WiFi

Every morning when I ask my HomePod to day anything it begins with "still trying, still trying" or "Not connected to the internet". I restart it and it is fine, until the next morning. Now I am noticing as I airplay from my iPad or iPhone at night that after 20 minutes to an hour the HomePod stops. I go to reconnect to the HomePod and and it no longer shows in the Home App and Siri confirms it is not connected to the internet. In the Home App my my HomePod mini and both TV's are still connected on the same wifi and my iPad and iPhone are connected. It is only the HomePod that continually disconnects forcing me to reset it or unplug it but I can't stream anything of for another device for more than an hour and restarting it every morning just to hear a song or get the weather is not functional. It's near one of the Apple TV's and near where an iPhone and iPad are docked so it's not a distance from the router issue.

HomePod, 14

Posted on May 13, 2021 9:34 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 15, 2021 1:15 AM in response to JBrown79

2.4GHz has better range but a lower max. data transfer rate. 5GHz supports faster transfers but has less range. You may not necessarily get any benefit from 5GHz. Alternatively you may find that you can use 5GHz for everything and do without the 2.4GHz band. HomePod should inherit the wireless connection credentials from your iPhone via iCloud keychain. As long as your iPhone only knows the connection details for one band or the other you should be able to have both running, but limit HomePod's options so that it doesn't try to switch between the two.

tt2

May 21, 2021 8:17 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the suggestions but I guess I am out of luck (as are others from what I have read). Every time I reset my router it works for a few days, then at night (no idea while it only happens at night and only on the original HomePod, not the Mini) it disconnects on and off and then finally disconnects from the wifi completely. I have to unplug the HomePod for 2 minutes or so and then it reconnects. I can see in my router settings it's working when on 2.4 but won't last on 5. Unfortunately my router is dual band and "picks the best" automatically and there is no way to disable the 5g and since there is no way to set a network in the HomePod I guess I am out of luck.

HomePod keeps disconnecting from WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.