Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to mirror the display on MacBook Air 2020

I need to mirror the display on my Macbook and on the external monitor I'm using. To clarify, I need both screens to show the same thing.

All the support forums and articles online say to use the Arrangement tab in Apple menu  > System Preferences > Displays. However, on my Macbook (the 2020 version) there is NO arrangement tab!

Can anyone help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 14, 2021 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 5:30 PM

As you already know, The arrangement option only shows up if the Mac detects that an external display has been plugged in. Your display appears to have been connected properly since you are using it while the lid is closed on the MacBook Air. Try unplugging and replugging in the display (while it's turned on and the MacBook's lid is open) and also try clicking the Detect Displays button to rescan for secondary monitors

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 5:30 PM in response to Carlouchka

As you already know, The arrangement option only shows up if the Mac detects that an external display has been plugged in. Your display appears to have been connected properly since you are using it while the lid is closed on the MacBook Air. Try unplugging and replugging in the display (while it's turned on and the MacBook's lid is open) and also try clicking the Detect Displays button to rescan for secondary monitors

Axel F.

May 15, 2021 6:06 AM in response to Axel Foley

Hi Axel. Yes, I'm definitely successfully connected because I'm using the external monitor to type this. I have my laptop closed so that the screen is carried over to the monitor. But I would like to be able to leave the laptop open and still use the external monitor as my main screen.

Although I'm successfully connected to the external display, the "arrangement" tab isn't showing...

How to mirror the display on MacBook Air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.