You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer not printing after Catalina 10.15.7 update

Hello

Suddenly my printers are not printing after the 10.15.7 update. MacOS can see them, yet when I print, the dialogue status box says INCOMING and then changes to STOPPED, there is communication between the printers, I have the Canon TS5151 and the HP LaserJet MFP M28w as it tells me the status of the ink and paper tray. I tried to printing using USB and still the printing says INCOMING and then STOPPED.

I have never seen this message before

I have reset the printers, reinstalled drivers, installed firmware update, run a permissions repair and nothing has worked, yet I can print via AirPrint on my iPad.

Something has changed since the MacOS update.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 17, 2021 3:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 4:31 AM

Hi,

Both printers (Canon TS5151 and HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28w) are mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as models supporting the driverless AirPrint technology, so it should work with AirPrint without drivers with printers and computer connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

To begin with, any change if you try the following exact procedure?

Power off the router, the printers, all computers, and all mobile phones and iPads. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two to three minutes. Power on the printers. Wait a minute or two. Power on all computers. Finally, power on all mobile phones and iPads.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2021 4:31 AM in response to daren48

Hi,

Both printers (Canon TS5151 and HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28w) are mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as models supporting the driverless AirPrint technology, so it should work with AirPrint without drivers with printers and computer connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

To begin with, any change if you try the following exact procedure?

Power off the router, the printers, all computers, and all mobile phones and iPads. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two to three minutes. Power on the printers. Wait a minute or two. Power on all computers. Finally, power on all mobile phones and iPads.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

May 17, 2021 10:44 AM in response to daren48

Please navigate to www.Etrecheck.com and download the free version of EtreCheck. Once you have you downloaded the app and installed it, please run the report and save it. This report will help us get a good idea what has been installed on your system and help us be able to diagnose what may be wrong.

When you have your report, you can attach it when you reply to this message and we can then review it and help you determine what is needed to get your system running well again.

For instructions on how to download your EtreCheck report and attach it to your reply to this message please click https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

May 17, 2021 9:36 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

I have done everything as you mentioned and nothing has changed.

I have never seen anything like this. Obviously the iMac and printers can communicate with each other, but for some reason the iMac is STOPPED printing any file. this 10.15.7 update has screwed up something, as it is affecting two different printer.

Thank you.

May 18, 2021 5:04 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I now found the problem and fixed it.

I had previously run CleanMyMac to get rid of clutter and remnants of deleted apps and reclaimed 8GB, somehow it had deleted something relating to the Canon PRIXMA TS5151 and HP LaserJet and it could see the printers and communicate with them, but would not print and kept STOPPING the attempt, I just reinstalled macOS Catalina without erasing my data and now everything is working as it was last week prior to running CleanMyMac.

Thank you to those who replied and suggested fixes.

Thank you.

Printer not printing after Catalina 10.15.7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.