Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage

Hello

Again and again I have the same problem with iMessages. The system automatically send out from my phone sms in a Great Britain. And the problem is that I don’t know when the system do this. Due of this I have a problems with the monthly payment to the phone operator which I use. Cos this sms is cost 4 uah for each. And the sms can be send several times one after one. This situation annoying me very very much. So I ask you to solve this problem. The decision for me will be if the alpple system will stop send out from my phone sms in other countries without my knowing or noticed me when it happens.

thank you in advance

Mariia

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on May 18, 2021 1:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 3:23 AM

Did you? Change SIM, deactivate iMessage, Change Carrier.

If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, an international SMS is sent each time you activate iMessage/FaceTime. (One SMS Only)

Each time you change the SIM or activate iMessage/iCloud/FaceTime you must have got these warnings (As Shown in the pic below). If you had tapped on OK then only then the SMS is sent .....

See the pic below

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2021 3:23 AM in response to mariia275

Did you? Change SIM, deactivate iMessage, Change Carrier.

If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, an international SMS is sent each time you activate iMessage/FaceTime. (One SMS Only)

Each time you change the SIM or activate iMessage/iCloud/FaceTime you must have got these warnings (As Shown in the pic below). If you had tapped on OK then only then the SMS is sent .....

See the pic below

iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.