Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overheating

So my iphone xs has this problem with overheating very easily. I have tried multiple things like new cases, restarting it, and closing apps. It does this so much that now it starts to crash now and it will do it when i’m texting people and other things like that with no other apps open. Is there anything else I can try to help this, or is it a manufacturing problem?

iPhone XS

Posted on May 18, 2021 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 9:12 PM

madilyn64 Said:

"Overheating: So my iphone xs has this problem with overheating very easily. [...] It does this so much that now it starts to crash now and it will do it when i’m texting people and other things like that with no other apps open. Is there anything else I can try to help this"

-------

Try Clearing Up Space:

If lots of space it taken up, and little free space resides, then it would most certainly overheat due to excessive processor usage. So, clean whatever space you can.

A. Sign in to iCloud:

Are you signed in to iCloud on it? If not, please do so. Elsewise, they cannot be downloaded.

B. Update your Computer:

Have a Computer? If so, use this link: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2021 9:12 PM in response to madilyn64

madilyn64 Said:

"Overheating: So my iphone xs has this problem with overheating very easily. [...] It does this so much that now it starts to crash now and it will do it when i’m texting people and other things like that with no other apps open. Is there anything else I can try to help this"

-------

Try Clearing Up Space:

If lots of space it taken up, and little free space resides, then it would most certainly overheat due to excessive processor usage. So, clean whatever space you can.

A. Sign in to iCloud:

Are you signed in to iCloud on it? If not, please do so. Elsewise, they cannot be downloaded.

B. Update your Computer:

Have a Computer? If so, use this link: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

May 18, 2021 9:10 PM in response to madilyn64

madilyn64 Said:

"Overheating: So my iphone xs has this problem with overheating very easily. [...]is it a manufacturing problem?"

-------

Get this Serviced:

Is the back of the iPhone starting the bulge out? If so, then the battery is decaying. If this is covered under any warranty, then see if this can be found to be a faulty device. Elsewise, it might be costly to fix it. So, contact Apple Support, letting them know what has occurred.

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get throug

Overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.