Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert HEIC photo format to JPEG and retain original photo info including Date Taken

It seems my iPhone photos which are stored in the cloud are in HEIC format when i want to use from my iMac. I am trying to do an online photo album but their software does not recognise HEIC. I need to convert the photos back to JPEG keeping the original photo data such as 'Date Taken' so i can sort by .. HOW please

Posted on May 19, 2021 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 3:29 AM

Within Photos you can simply export the photos you need and choose JPEG as the file format. Within your phone you click the Share button and they will be exported as JPEGs also.

If you don't want to use HEIC format, go to settings on your phone, select Photos and change format to 'Most Compatible'.

6 replies

May 20, 2021 5:35 AM in response to chrisak08

How are you passing the Heic files to the online service? if your photos are in aPhotos library and you are accessing the library using the Media. Browser, you could simply add some adjustments to the Photo in Photos. This will create a Jpeg as as a preview for the Media browser, and the Metadata will still be the same,

Convert HEIC photo format to JPEG and retain original photo info including Date Taken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.