Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air: 3-finger swipe feature is gone after a system update :(

Hello… I need help in restoring the 3 finger swipe feature from one open app to another using the Macbook trackpad. I tried going to “System Preferences -> TrackPad” and ticked all boxes there, but it didn’t work. I also tried to going to “System Preferences -> Accessibility” per recommendation in another thread — but no Trackpad Options there. Help please… thanks in advance. 🙏🏻❤️

Posted on May 20, 2021 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 3:28 AM

Start up your Mac in safe mode and choose the version of Safe Mode corresponding with the type of CPU - Intel or Apple M1. It will do a Repair Disk, clear cache files and only load Apple software, extension and Fonts. It boot up will be slower than usual - normal. Once logged in - the computer will look and perform differently - also norma. Run in this mode for 10 - 15 minutes and try to enable the 3 finger swipe in System Preferences >> Trackpad. If it works as expected - good.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 3:28 AM in response to mayette14

Start up your Mac in safe mode and choose the version of Safe Mode corresponding with the type of CPU - Intel or Apple M1. It will do a Repair Disk, clear cache files and only load Apple software, extension and Fonts. It boot up will be slower than usual - normal. Once logged in - the computer will look and perform differently - also norma. Run in this mode for 10 - 15 minutes and try to enable the 3 finger swipe in System Preferences >> Trackpad. If it works as expected - good.

Macbook Air: 3-finger swipe feature is gone after a system update :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.