Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.2.3 in editing indicate used clips

Hello,

I am used to older iMovie versions.

There used to be an orange bar in media-clips that had been used in the timeline/project.

E.g. to avoid double-up of media. Makes work easier!

Is that still available in 10.2.3?

Greetings from Africa Wilfried

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 22, 2021 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 10:07 AM

Hi, Africa Wilfried,

I'm not running version 10.2.3, but the iMovie Help menu states that: "Video that’s been added to a project is marked along the bottom with an orange stripe in the browser, so you can see at a glance which video you’ve used. You can add the same video to as many projects as you like. " I am assuming that it is the same in your version, but would have to defer to someone who is actually running 10.2.3. .

The orange bar is visible in the media browser view across the bottom of the clip that appears when you click on your project's name under the Project Media heading in the sidebar. Here's what it looks like in my iMovie version:

If the bar is not appearing for clips inserted into your project, try deleting preferences to see if you can activate it. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2021 10:07 AM in response to WILFRIED WESSLAU

Hi, Africa Wilfried,

I'm not running version 10.2.3, but the iMovie Help menu states that: "Video that’s been added to a project is marked along the bottom with an orange stripe in the browser, so you can see at a glance which video you’ve used. You can add the same video to as many projects as you like. " I am assuming that it is the same in your version, but would have to defer to someone who is actually running 10.2.3. .

The orange bar is visible in the media browser view across the bottom of the clip that appears when you click on your project's name under the Project Media heading in the sidebar. Here's what it looks like in my iMovie version:

If the bar is not appearing for clips inserted into your project, try deleting preferences to see if you can activate it. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

iMovie 10.2.3 in editing indicate used clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.