Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a $100 hacked gift card and there’s no one helping me

Last week I bought a $ 100 apple gift card in Irvine spectrum target as my friend’s birthday gift. when he try to redeem it, the system told him the gift card got redeemed multiple times(the gift card was brand new, never open before). I tried to call target, apple customer service, no one care about my situation. I even went back to the target store and apple store their managers both told me they don’t take responsibility of this. What should I do

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on May 23, 2021 7:11 PM

2 replies

May 23, 2021 8:02 PM in response to Limnos

Realize that you have probably been a victim of card fraud. Apple isn't really responsible for that except by omission since you aren't the first victim of this and a better system needs to be devised to reduce this kind of fraud. The store sin't responsible except they should be more closely monitoring their gift card section since probably the thief is adding fake cards. Since neither consider themselves responsible then you are left in a tough spot.

In future make sure you redeem gift cards the second you buy them. I do it within 30 seconds of having purchased one.

I bought a $100 hacked gift card and there’s no one helping me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.