Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From old Mac mini to New Mac Mini Migration Assistant?

I got the new Mac mini with the max ram & GB from a 2018 with no space what-so-ever and had a external harddrive compensating for lack of space which made for a very unorganized system and now I am regretting using Migration assistant to transfer the mess over to the new one. Should I/can I restore the new Mac and just restore/re-download programs etc. individually?

I have so many music programs and equipment to install and I feel starting out with the same problem of disorganization was unnecessary and why I upgraded to accommodate all the program heavy software etc. in the first place.

Advice?

Mac mini, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 24, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 7:57 AM

You can use recovery mode to erase and reinstall the OS clean. Then you could manually install any apps or files you want or you could use migration assistant again after the erase but only choose the items you want transferred ilo all the old stuff.

1 reply

From old Mac mini to New Mac Mini Migration Assistant?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.