Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.6 HomeKit issues

I updated all my devices with IOS 14.6, and siri works randomly with Homekit to turn on or swtich off the light on all my devices .

(iPhone 12 Pro, HomePod mini, Apple TV 4k, iPad pro, macbook pro and apple watch)

My home is fully connected with homekit and now I must have to repeat several times for turn on or switch off the lights (in all rooms)

reseting or disconnect/reconnect icloud doesn't help.

Does somebody has the same problem ?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 24, 2021 11:27 PM

Similar questions

33 replies

May 28, 2021 4:43 AM in response to jeanchrijaz

i have reset all my devices. (iphone, ipad, 3 x homepod mini, apple TV and apple watch)

disconnected my mac from icloud (macbook pro, and 2 iMac)

I deleted my home and recreated a new one and still have the same problem !!!

I called apple for 2 hours but the advisers do not have homekit knowledge

I'm going to be crazy my house is fully connected and SIRI (in french) is unable to run scenes properly on IOS 14.6 !!!!

my mac are on Catalina and Siri works correctly on it... only with IOS 14.6 devices !!!

please I need help !!!

Jun 17, 2021 6:47 PM in response to IanGToronto

I am thinking of an icloud problem because I have :

• deleted siri history on each device

• disconnected my 3 mac from icloud

• reset the apple TV

• reset my 3 homepod mini (hard reset with the red light)

• reset the ipad

• reset the apple watch and deleted the association with iphone

• deleted my home

• full reset of the iphone

• create a new home with no home hub (no homepod, no apple TV, no ipad)

• add only one Hue phillips bridge (2 rooms, 8 bulbs and 4 accessories)

and when I tested siri with just my iphone I had the same problem... always the latency time

I also have

• changed the frequency of my box (test with 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz)

• tested my internet speeds on the iphone (see screenshot)

and that did not solve the problem

I did other tests which suggest that the problem comes from iCloud and I found that

i must waiting 1 minute for siri commands to work properly

or I must say the command "Siri activate scene xxxxx" instead just the name of the scene

for now it's just a theory but the worry makes me think that the communication between siri and homekit is not working properly or not fast enough

now I hope the engineers will find a solution to fix the problem because I tried everything

May 26, 2021 7:51 AM in response to Michael Paine

thank you for your reply and sorry for my bad english write

I hope you understand because the problem is difficult to explain

I already tried your solution but but i still have the problem with siri

I reset each homepod, the apple TV, disconnected all my devices to iCloud and the problem persists

exemple

when i say "siri turn on the living room" it works immediately

but after if i say "Siri turn off the living room" I must repeat it several times (on each devices same problem)

also when i say "siri turn off the living room" it works immediately

after if i say "Siri turn off the living room" it doesn't work !!!

BUT if I change the room and i say "Siri turn on the bed room" these are the lights of the living room turn off...

I tested with a macbook pro with mojave and catalina and Siri commands work perfectly

the problem is is ""only""" with devices updated to IOS 14.6 and watchOS 7.5

Jun 5, 2021 11:43 AM in response to Michael Paine

Come on, Michael. Every third or fourth update to iOS blows away my settings in HomeKit. Every time, someone on this forum states they never heard of that happening before.

My home hub is my 4K AppleTV. The backup is a little older Apple TV. All devices in the home are up to date. But now I have to spend an entire day trying to get things back up.

Again.

Jun 7, 2021 5:13 PM in response to jeanchrijaz

Same problem here. I am finding that it takes two requests in order to successfully control an accessory. On making a request, Siri usually answers back a repeat of the previous command I issued and on my second attempt she will properly execute what I’m asking.

if you are controlling accessories in the same room as your HomePod, Siri doesn’t provide an audio prompt so it will just seem

Ike she is ignoring your request.

Jun 8, 2021 5:45 PM in response to jeanchrijaz

I finally called Apple Support to talk through the issue this evening. We did testing and he has taken logs from the HomePod and is sending them to engineering to analyze. We will talk again on Saturday.

Meanwhile, we ended up finding out that the issue DOES NOT occur if I use “turn on [light]” or “turn off [light]”. It only occurs when I say “[light] on” or “[light] off”

Using “turn on”/“turn off” may help if you’re experiencing the same problem as me.

edited to add - I reread your post above and see that you are already saying “turn on”/“turn off”. Did you call Apple and get them to run some tests and take some logs?

Jun 8, 2021 11:17 PM in response to jeanchrijaz

Same type of problem. I don’t understand how they release something and not about this obvious problem. It’s clearly several problems. My Apple ID has been asked for no matter how many times i enter it. The only difference is my imac(which isn’t running iOS. In that case it won’t accept my Apple ID in Apple Music. My HomePod tells me that Apple Music has an issue. HomeKit won’t recognize my HomePod at all. It also says things like “HomePod doesn’t have a timer” and if i ask it to play something i have to ask several times. It’s such a mess and the rollout is so unclear. Some of the setting up was confusing which I’ve never had issue with in decades. They need to be working 24/7 to fix this.

Jun 9, 2021 12:37 AM in response to IanGToronto

yes, they asked me to add profiles on my iphone to have all logs... (6 profiles)

my commands are different because I use siri in french (i'm in france)

if i tell siri turn on the kitchen (in french "Siri allume la cuisine") it will work

but so quickly I give the order to light another room, it doesn't work

I must repeat several times the command

but if I don't repeat the command and I give another one it's the old one that will activate...

I never had any problems with previous versions of IOS... only since IOS 14.6

here is the video I sent to the apple support to explain the problem

it will be easier to understand

https://youtu.be/bposaDjBOd8

Jun 9, 2021 4:29 AM in response to jeanchrijaz

Jeanchrijaz, good demonstration. This is indeed exactly the behavior I’ve been experiencing.

I'm fortunate on one hand because it only occurs when I use shorthand command. (“Light off” instead of “turn off light”), but in your case, the change they have made negatively impacts the proper commands for your language.

im glad they ran tests with the additional profiles for you as well. Hopefully they will figure this out and get it back to normal in the next release.

Jun 9, 2021 5:46 AM in response to IanGToronto

if I use an order for a single bulb or a light (example kitchen planfornier ) planfornier ON/OFF

it works

it's only with the scenes that I programmed in homekit (home app) that there is a problem.

BUT (lol) if I say Siri activate the scene + the name of the scene, it works

example: "Siri active la scène allume la cuisine" instead of just "Siri allume la cuisine"...

("Siri activate the scene turn on the kitchen" instead of "Siri turn on the kitchen")

not very practical when your house is fully equipped...

I had no worries before IOS 14.6,

I just said the name of the scene and it worked...

now apple support has all my logs, videos, and screenshots and I'm waiting for a rapid fix to restore the normal functioning of siri ... (in french)

Jun 16, 2021 12:18 PM in response to jeanchrijaz

Hi Jeanchrijaz, did you have any luck with Apple support? I had a follow up call on Saturday and the analyst had a request from the engineers to run the tests again with more enhanced logging.

last night I did some more testing by using a new Apple ID on a device with no Home installed yet. I plugged in a different WiFi router and connected one accessory in the new home. Same results which again points to the HomePod as the problem.

hoping to hear back from support soon regarding results of the analysis of the second set of logs.

Jun 16, 2021 12:40 PM in response to IanGToronto

My experience had the AppleTV (have three in the house-no HomePod) getting all out of whack with HomeKit. All after the updates. The primary TV unit would not act as the main hub and the secondary AppleTV (older model) in the bedroom took over.

Room assignments got all wonky. Everything went to Default Room. Was able to move some to appropriate locations, but was unable to add “Entry” as a room so doorbell and lock could be assigned there. HomeKit just kept pushing devices to Default Room.

i don’t think it’s a HomePod issue so much as a TVOS issue with this last update. I base this largely on the fact that as soon as my iOS and MacOS devices updated, HomeKit blew away and had to be rebuilt after the TVOS devices were updated. And some things just haven’t come back well.

Jun 16, 2021 12:48 PM in response to Rapier57

Ouch, that sounds frustrating, Rapier 57. I’ve been fortunate that the symptoms I’m seeing aren’t as severe as you’re experiencing but I agree wholeheartedly that the problem is with TVOS which is also running on the HomePods and HomePod minis.

I’m just a bit surprised that there aren’t a lot more “cases” being described on this forum or on the usual Reddit subs. For sure there’s a handful of users chiming in on these posts indicating the same behavior but not as much as I would have thought for pervasive software bugs…

IOS 14.6 HomeKit issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.