Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Conforming 24fps to 25fps

I have some fairly detailed projects that I may need to convert from 24fps to 25fps. They are mainly 24fps footage, with occasional crops and zooms on the footage and other media (animations, graphics, etc).

My first thought was copy and paste the timeline into a 25fps project, but noticed that automatically speeds it up. I want to keep the same speed and overall duration.

But from my tests, retiming the sequence back to the original duration looks to be a major headache with alignments getting mixed up and the gaps I have in the timeline creating complications.

So I thought perhaps export the 24fps master, reimport (with audio separate) and retime that way in a 25fps timeline. However, I notice that the optical flow option in the Frame Sampling setting of the Rate Conform dropdown seems to create all new frame, instead of just the 25th frame? Is that so?

What would others do?

thank you,

Ross

Posted on May 25, 2021 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 6:33 AM

Unfortunately you’ve looked at all the options. Those are your choices. Most broadcasters just accept the minor speed change, but there isn’t much that can be done if you don’t want to do that.

Similar questions

3 replies

Conforming 24fps to 25fps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.