Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not install the High Sierra UPGRADE but I already have High Sierra installed

I can not install the High Sierra UPDATE COMBO. I already have High Sierra installed. I understand this is a patch to correct some bugs. I'm currently running iOS 10.13.6 with 4 gigs of RAM and a 1TB SSD. 725 gigs of free space on a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro. Why won't it install? I get a message saying: "This volume does not meet requirements for this update." How is this possible?

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 26, 2021 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 11:15 AM

If you are running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 then that is the latest/ last version of High Sierra,

there is no point in installing the Combo updater you have, your mac is already there.

The reason it is not allowing you to install this Combo Update is perhaps because you have

installed Security Updates that were released after High Sierra was updated to version 10.13.6.

If the Combo update notices the version you are running has a different higher build number than

the build number the update wants to install you will get that error message.

It used to be that if Security and other updates were released after an incremental update to an OS then Apple would

rewrite the Delta and Combo updates to include the new updates and build number information so they could install.

Sadly Apple has stopped that practice along with a lot of other helpful and useful things their software engineering

team did.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2021 11:15 AM in response to richardfromharker heights

If you are running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 then that is the latest/ last version of High Sierra,

there is no point in installing the Combo updater you have, your mac is already there.

The reason it is not allowing you to install this Combo Update is perhaps because you have

installed Security Updates that were released after High Sierra was updated to version 10.13.6.

If the Combo update notices the version you are running has a different higher build number than

the build number the update wants to install you will get that error message.

It used to be that if Security and other updates were released after an incremental update to an OS then Apple would

rewrite the Delta and Combo updates to include the new updates and build number information so they could install.

Sadly Apple has stopped that practice along with a lot of other helpful and useful things their software engineering

team did.

I can not install the High Sierra UPGRADE but I already have High Sierra installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.