Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 14.6 battery

Ios 14.6 is causing excessive battery drainage.

ios 14.5.1 was too laggy and has more performance issue in games and operating system,but those issues solved and new issue born with the battery drainage.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 26, 2021 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 1:31 PM

Typically, when upgrading to a new iOS release, there is a number of activities that need to complete in the background even after the install finishes. It is best to wait a day or two, using the phone as you normally would, before you can get a more accurate "picture" of any excessive battery draining issues. It will also depend on how you have your phone configured ... which you didn't provide us with any information. There are a number of features that use up battery, the most dominant would be screen brightness.

30 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2021 1:31 PM in response to pruthvirajpatil1911

Typically, when upgrading to a new iOS release, there is a number of activities that need to complete in the background even after the install finishes. It is best to wait a day or two, using the phone as you normally would, before you can get a more accurate "picture" of any excessive battery draining issues. It will also depend on how you have your phone configured ... which you didn't provide us with any information. There are a number of features that use up battery, the most dominant would be screen brightness.

Jun 16, 2021 10:40 AM in response to JamiewilliamsNYC

JamiewilliamsNYC wrote:

I am having the same problem. Since the update to 14.6 my iPhone 11 Pro is getting super hot and the battery dies constantly. This did not happen before. I listen to podcasts at night so make sure my phone is fully charged. Before the update I could sleep all night with podcasts playing and wake up with the phone still adequately charged and it never got hot!

Check for busy apps, and remove and re-download those found unusually busy. Or remove the apps entirely, if you're no longer using them. Failing that, back up, reset to factory and re-load iOS, and then restore the backup. Failing that, check with Apple Support as there would appear to be a hardware problem.

Link to Info on backup, reset, restore > Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Jun 16, 2021 12:59 PM in response to pkfoss

pkfoss wrote:
this is seriously concerning !!

Check for busy apps, and remove and re-download those found unusually busy. Or remove the apps entirely, if you're no longer using them. Failing that, back up, reset to factory and re-load iOS, and then restore the backup. Failing that, check with Apple Support as there would appear to be a hardware problem.

Link to Info on backup, reset, restore > Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Failing that and given you're within the hardware warranty (a year in most countries and regions), you will want to discuss this with Apple Support.

Jun 16, 2021 12:43 PM in response to pruthvirajpatil1911

Have to support this issue.

my iPhone 12 Pro is < 3 months old. Normal use have ended the day approximately 35-50%. After 14.6 my iPhone is extremely warm, and battery down to 0 before 7pm.

and it has been like this for several days.

my usage has not changed. Safari and email is 60% of usage….

as you see, less than 3 hours of use…..

this is seriously concerning !!

I really hope for 14.6.1 soon!

May 29, 2021 7:15 PM in response to Tesserax

I have the same issue with my iPhone 11. I upgraded the other day and I have woken up every morning to find to find it fully drained. Yesterday I turned off WiFi, Bluetooth, all background app refresh, and ensured that Personal Hotspot was off. It was fully charged at 6pm last night and not used. It ran out of battery at around 10am this morning (so, around 16 hours later) with no use in the meantime.

May 29, 2021 7:38 PM in response to userid42

So you’re waking up to find the iPhone fully drained, while charging it while you’re sleeping? If it’s not being charged while you’re sleeping, then charge it overnight and see if that works better. If it is being charged, check that your charger and cabling is connected and working. Immediately after an upgrade, there will be extra battery load, which should level out in a day or two.

Jun 16, 2021 6:33 AM in response to MrHoffman

I am having the same problem. Since the update to 14.6 my iPhone 11 Pro is getting super hot and the battery dies constantly. This did not happen before. I listen to podcasts at night so make sure my phone is fully charged. Before the update I could sleep all night with podcasts playing and wake up with the phone still adequately charged and it never got hot!

Jun 16, 2021 1:06 PM in response to MrHoffman

Try this;

Settings -> Apple ID -> Find my -> Find my iPhone -> And turn off ‘find my network’

For AirTags to work Apple devices need to constantly ping Bluetooth and U1 signals from devices which will drain a lot of battery over a day regardless of them both being low powered

You will be loosing the ability to find your iPhone or iPad if the battery is completely dead but they only just added that anyway so life will be as it was before the iOS 14.6 update

Jun 26, 2021 10:38 AM in response to pruthvirajpatil1911

Me as well on the battery discharge after updating to ios 14.6 . Today I received a call from Apple Support and related my issue of battery drain. We ran diagnostics on my iPhone SE 2020 and the Apple Support associate stated that there wasn’t any issues with my battery. I told the Support associate that I voiced my concern about ios 14.6 update and not about my battery in my iPhone. The Apple Support associate stated that they hadn’t heard of the above problem. And was the forums supported by Apple? Well this one.

Ios 14.6 battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.