Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari stopped playing the movies and hangs.

Safari and Chrome too stopped playing the movies, YT, Netflix, HBO, no movies can be played in a browser. Tried to clear the cache, rebooted several times. It started by the hanged sound during the watching the movie. At first the sound output selection solved the issue, but later the movies hanged and the reboot or anything like this did not help. Now anything moving cannot be played in the Safari or Chrome. I'm not aware of any impotant change in the system, which could cause this.

I'm running on iMac 27 late 2013, 24 GB RAM, 1 TB SATA disk, macOS 10.15.7, for sound enhance using the eqMac2.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 27, 2021 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 3:10 PM

Hi,

Thanks. I tried to reset, but it did help for a short time. But today I tried to disable the eqMac and it looks like it solved the problem. Missing the EQ as I use to listen to much music on iMac, but it's better to have a fully functional computer.

2 replies

Safari stopped playing the movies and hangs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.