Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain extremely fast after upgrading

I had a wonderful phone, I was very content of buying an Iphone SE almost two years ago. I was doubtful about Iphone, I thought was just a lot of money to spend, instead the product was very good and much better compared to my old android.

Recently the Iphone updated to IOS 14.4, I was asked for the hundreths times and said ok thinking that I could switch back to an old version in case of problems.

From that moment I could not use my iphone anyomre, battery lasts no more than 5 hours, when using it with Safari it can drain 10% in 2-3 minutes. Indecent!

I now have discovered there is no way to downgrade to IOS 12 or IOS 13. How is that possible?! I just want my Iphone back working as a couple weeks ago!!! Why downgrade is not possible?! With this upgrade you have disabled my phone and tried to push me to buy a new one.

I hope that support will find a solution and change my mind about apple. Otherwise this was the last apple product I have bought.

Posted on May 29, 2021 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 7:53 AM

no, there is not a way to downgrade your iOS.

You could, however, update your iPhone again since 14.4 is no longer current. (14.6 is the latest iOS at the moment)

We are just other users like yourself. We did not disable your phone, nor are we pushing you to buy a new one.

If you want to speak with someone at Apple, use the Get Support link at the top of the page.

What is your battery health percentage? (Settings > Battery > Battery Health)

It's important to note that batteries are consumable items that will degrade over time.. Android, Apple is irrelevant. Will happen for any device that houses a rechargeable battery.

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

After 2 years, its possible that your battery has gone thru enough charge cycles that it's time for a replacement battery. If the battery health is at 80% or lower, that would be the case.

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

There are also settings that can be changed/optimized..

Here is an article you can review

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

And a good user tip

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 7:53 AM in response to gm1990

no, there is not a way to downgrade your iOS.

You could, however, update your iPhone again since 14.4 is no longer current. (14.6 is the latest iOS at the moment)

We are just other users like yourself. We did not disable your phone, nor are we pushing you to buy a new one.

If you want to speak with someone at Apple, use the Get Support link at the top of the page.

What is your battery health percentage? (Settings > Battery > Battery Health)

It's important to note that batteries are consumable items that will degrade over time.. Android, Apple is irrelevant. Will happen for any device that houses a rechargeable battery.

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

After 2 years, its possible that your battery has gone thru enough charge cycles that it's time for a replacement battery. If the battery health is at 80% or lower, that would be the case.

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

There are also settings that can be changed/optimized..

Here is an article you can review

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

And a good user tip

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

Battery drain extremely fast after upgrading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.