Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac iCloud sync stuck on "Waiting to Upload"

Hi,

I recently got a MacBook Pro 2020, updated to the latest Mac OS Big Sur.

I also have a MacBook Pro 2013, also running latest Mac OS.

Both Macs are logged into my same Apple ID. The old Mac is syncing iCloud Drive just fine.

However, my second Mac only syncs App Library folders (Pages, Numbers, etc), but not Documents and Desktop. They show in finder stuck on "Waiting to Upload" with the dashed cloud icons.

Any file I put inside those directories from the new Mac also stay uploading forever.

I already tried turning off and back on the "Desktop and Documents Folders" option in my Apple ID -> iCloud Drive setting, I've also tried logging out and back in my Apple ID.

Everything: Books, Photos, Notes, Reminders, syncs just fine except Documents and Desktop.

Thank you for any possible solutions or reasons that may be happening.

Posted on May 30, 2021 4:12 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 30, 2021 6:40 AM in response to mihail_d

See the articles Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support

What types of files can I store in iCloud Drive?

You can store any type of file in iCloud Drive, as long as it's 50GB or less in size and you don't exceed your iCloud storage limit. That means you can keep all of your work documents, school projects, presentations, and more up to date across all of your devices. Learn more about managing your iCloud storage.

You shouldn't store app folders, libraries, or .tmp files in iCloud Drive.

Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support

New Mac iCloud sync stuck on "Waiting to Upload"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.