Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No way to change permissions.

Hi,

I need to delete a file, but it's not letting me do it, so I headed over to my internal hard drive and checked the permission there, saw that I was read only but I can't change it no matter what I do. So I went back to the file that I want rid of and still nothing works. Can anyone suggest how I can get around this please ? These are the screenshots of what I see

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 30, 2021 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 7:29 AM

At some point an utterly useless "Intego" product was installed on that Mac. If the developer's uninstallation instructions do not work then you're stuck with that file unless and until such time you decide to completely erase that disk and reconfigure that Mac from the ground up.

Rule 1 of Macs is don't install junk.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 7:29 AM in response to tartanmartin

At some point an utterly useless "Intego" product was installed on that Mac. If the developer's uninstallation instructions do not work then you're stuck with that file unless and until such time you decide to completely erase that disk and reconfigure that Mac from the ground up.

Rule 1 of Macs is don't install junk.

No way to change permissions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.