Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra App Store corruption issue

I have a App Store update issue with my MacAir (V10.13.6/1.86 Ghz/Intel Core 2 Duo/2GB mem). The normal page for checking for updates appears to be corrupted - see my picture to show the current state.

I appreciate that this is an older computer and there are few security updates being installed. But I would like to ensure that the proper mechanism for installing them works. Is there a fix to reset the App Store to bring it back to normal state somehow. Thanks, Dan (sorry, the image was rotated by the insertion process).

MacBook Air

Posted on May 30, 2021 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 4:48 PM

Hi there,

First, restart your computer.

Next you should try updating macOS. It should update properly even though the App Store looks a little strange.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, then you may need to reinstall macOS. T

his bug seems to be a widespread issue with High Sierra, so updating your software will probably fix it.

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 4:48 PM in response to DanBIII

Hi there,

First, restart your computer.

Next you should try updating macOS. It should update properly even though the App Store looks a little strange.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, then you may need to reinstall macOS. T

his bug seems to be a widespread issue with High Sierra, so updating your software will probably fix it.

Jun 2, 2021 7:21 AM in response to DanBIII

What model and year is your MacBook Air, if it is from mid-2012 or later it can upgrade to

macOS Mojave 10.14 or macOS Catalina 10.15.

Open Safari and click on this link, How to get old versions of macOS – Apple Support

If your MBA is from 2013 or later you upgrade to macOS Big Sur.

Open Safari and click on this link, How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

May 30, 2021 5:17 PM in response to DanBIII

This is the result of older OS's like High Sierra falling off the radar for Apple,

my High Sierra, Sierra and El Capitan installs all suffer the same when it comes

to the App Store Updates page, no need to reinstall the OS, that won't improve things.

As these older OS's no longer receive updates or any love from Apple you will see

as far as Apple and Apple apps are concerned you will begin to lose functionality.

You could see if you can upgrade to a newer OS or as is desired by Apple buy a new mac.

May 31, 2021 2:30 PM in response to BDAqua

I understand that I won't see help from Apple, but thank you. It's my wife's Mac and she doesn't care that the App Store is broken. She likes it for the things she uses it for. It just was my challenge to try and fix. It actually did update an older app recently but it's more difficult to follow what's happening. Thanks again, Dan

High Sierra App Store corruption issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.