Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Device Support Drivers missing

My desktop PC suddenly decided that it wouldn't connect to my iPhone 7+ hotspot anymore, in fact when I insert the cable into a USD port it charges the phone but it isn't recognised as a device. I have tried inputting %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers, but this comes up as not found. Any one got any ideas?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 31, 2021 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 7:07 AM

Here is the official blurb

--> Official Blurb

Similar questions

10 replies

May 31, 2021 2:19 PM in response to Liverbird_690

Liverbird_690 Said:

"Apple Device Support Drivers missing: My desktop PC suddenly decided that it wouldn't connect to my iPhone 7+ hotspot anymore, in fact when I insert the cable into a USD port it charges the phone but it isn't recognised as a device.[...]"

-------

Security Software on a PC:

Any Security Software on your PC? If so, then it may not be letting it get attached as a trusted device. So, allow the connection to go through.

Try Verifying if it is Seen:

View the Device Manager, and see if it is a Hidden Device.

Learn More here:

Apple Device Support Drivers missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.